*COMPLETED* Fort Saint John BC to Boundary Bay BC: PP001 Cats/Kittens

12 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Canadian Wings of Rescue
(@canadian-wings-of-rescue)
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

We have been working with the North Peace Forgotten Felines Society based in Fort Saint John BC who is dealing with a growing need to transport a number of their animals to the lower mainland (Boundary Bay BC).  Some of these cats have been with fosters and going to adopted homes and others are kittens being transferred to a partner rescue for further care.

Therefore they range from 5 weeks to 6 years old and these can be prioritized and grouped for transport as we work with willing pilots

In total there are approx. 12 cats and 22 kittens that equate to 17 cat-size plastic crates (approx. 24"x30").  

We are seeking pilots who may be able to assist noting this can be multiple flights or we can work with whatever configuration might work. 

Posting on behalf of North Peace Forgotten Felines Society for transport from St John BC to Boundary Bay BC

Passengers: 
1. Scout & Silver - 6 mos M (1 crate)
2. Lady & Lucy - 6 mos (1 crate)
3. Buddy - 4yr M (1 crate) 
4. Goblin & 2 Lulu Kittens (1 crate)
5. Chungus - 5yr M (1 crate) 
6. Charlie - 6yr M (1 crate)
7. Pickles & Kittens - 2yr F with 4 kittens (3 crates)
8. CornFlake - 5 week (1 crate)
9. Callie & Kittens - 3yr F (2 crates)
10.  Kittens [13] (3 crates) 
11. Prevail Kitten -  (1 crate) 
12. Dory - 3yr F (1 crate) 

Type of animal: cat
Breed: DSH/Tabby
Weight: average adult 5-8 lbs (2-3.6 kg
Sex/Status: various
Vaccination status: various dependant on age - but all cats have been reviewed/approved for transport 
Transport Carrier/Crate etc.:  TBC but for planning - standard size cat crate 24" x 30" should be expected 

Transport Coordinator Remarks:  Cats to remain in crates.  Warmth/coverings to ensure kittens can stay warm must be a consideration and we will work with rescue and pilot in advance to supply any required blankets etc.  All crates will be marked for partner rescue to ensure proper groupings.  Note Cornflake the 5 week kitten may require feeding with a syringe that will be supplied (attached to crate)

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Charity Registration # 808636088 RR0001

(@archie.jacobs)
Member PILOTS Alberta Pilots

I’m out of Olds, Alberta, a fair distance from CYXJ, but could probably do so something to get some of them into the Okanagan.

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Hi Archie !!   Yes the geography and this time of year makes this a challenging goal but this would be amazing!   Perhaps hopefully there might be others that could also consider we are looking at all options.  Do you have any specific timeframes or suggestions please advise.   

Thanks again 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

No, I have no time frames, if I’m needed, I could possibly fly CEA3-CYXJ, and then down to Penticton/Vernon, but my schedule is pretty flexible. But you’re right getting into the next few months especially on the west side of Rockies is always a crap shoot. I could also bring them into Alberta if there was an opportunity to get them transported from here.
Feel free to give me a call, if you want to discuss further.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@archie.jacobs  Understood and thanks again for considering this!  If you were able to find the weather how many of the 17 crates do you think you could manage in your 182?

FYI - Anson is out of country on vacation for a couple weeks but we will be assigning a CWoR Transport Coordinator to work on this.  As we explore all options we also intend to send an email alert to all BC and AB pilots as not everyone subscribes here or monitors especially in winter months.   

It would be great if we can find another pilot/plane to also plan and do this route with you.  So I would say stand-by and we will be in touch asap

- Mark   

This post was modified 3 months ago by Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

Mark
Question on crate sizes the 24x30, is this length & width, if I could get all 3 dimensions would be great, I’d take the back seat out, so may be able to get 1/2 of them.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@archie.jacobs.  Thanks Archie - we will check with the Rescue and get back to you.

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Hi again Archie - sorry for the delay but we are still waiting for the Rescue contact to get back to us but have tried to escalate a response so hopefully can get better size details asap.

We have also now assigned a Transport Coordinator who will assist in coordinating things with the Rescue and yourself.  That will be Selina based in BC and she should be contacting you - but feel free to email her directly  selina@canadianwingsofrescue.ca   

You would have seen we have also issued an alert today to see if we can find another pilot and aircraft to assist with this one.

Thanks again!!

- Mark 

This post was modified 3 months ago by Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

Thanks Mark
I will wait for her to contact me, and yes I saw the request go out, so we can wait to see what happens.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@robert-campbell)

I may also be able to assist with this lift if needed. 

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Attention all Volunteer B.C. Pilots - we need your help!

We need at least one more pilot/aircraft for this animal rescue team. We already have two AB pilots signed-up and on stand-by to help with this transport.  

It's a a challenging time of the year for flights, but this Rescue needs to move these cats (the majority of them kittens) in the coming weeks and have few options.  

Please consider if you could support this animal rescue and reply here and @selina-del-vasto our Transport Coordinator will work with you and the other parties to coordinate based on availability and suitable weather conditions. 

THANK YOU 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@robert-campbell  THANK YOU Rob!  

Getting all these cats/kittens rounded-up and safely flown to the lower mainland was an amazing accomplishment we can never thank you both enough!

If you have not already done so - please remember to complete the online post Post Transport Pilot Form

If you need to review how to calculate your operational costs please refer to our Reimbursement Policy

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop