Canadian Wings of Rescue
Notifications
Clear all

*COMPLETED* RELAY: Halifax NS - Revelstoke BC: PP021/PP902/PP904/PP905/PP906 (1 dog - Zara Basset Hound)

15 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Canadian Wings of Rescue
(@canadian-wings-of-rescue)
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Zara is an adorable dog that was surrendered by its owner and she has not been able to find a suitable forever home in the East, but we are happy to learn that with the help of Maritime Basset Hound Rescue - she has successfully landed a family in the west who is eagerly awaiting her arrival!

Note - that as part of exploring the feasibility of CWoR committing to such a long multi-legged transport, several active pilots were identified and tentatively agreed to consider various legs some of which will require overnight foster for Zara considering the long transport.  These relays are being tentatively scheduled for late July early August.

Pilots are currently needed for Halifax westbound to Ontario (so NS, PEI, NB, QC pilots please consider helping and joining this relay team!)  

Tentatively we currently have the following volunteer pilots for all legs westward legs (exact legs yet to be confirmed) @TomT, @robert-campbell, @archie.jacobs, @jeff.helps, @Clay B

Any other pilots interested please still let us know of your interest regardless of location, as we may need back-ups/alternates and will consider best options as this date draws closer.

Posting on behalf of Maritime Basset Hound Rescue for transport from Halifax NS to Revelstoke BC

Passenge: Zara

Type of animal: Dog

Breed: Basset Hound

Weight:  45 lbs

Sex: Female - sterilized

Vaccination status: Up to date

Transport Carrier/Crate etc.:  Carrier can be supplied as necessary (or suitable for harness/tethering dependant on pilot/aircraft preference)

Special Handling:   No jumping due to breed (long back) 

Transport Coordinator Remarks:  

Zara is reported as a very relaxed super chill dog and very sociable. 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Charity Registration # 808636088 RR0001

(@tom-torokvei)
Member PILOTS Ontario Pilots

I could be part of a relay from the East to ON, or weather depending, go out and get her and do the whole leg. Also, I may be heading to Alberta sometime after the 18th. If it worked, could bring her as far as Edmonton or Medicine Hat. What's the timing in this?

ReplyQuote
(@tom-torokvei)

We would also be happy to overnight her in the Toronto area. We have a gentle dog at home that just loves furry houseguests 

ReplyQuote
Clay B .
(@clay.berndt)

I’m available to fly Halifax to ON as well.

ReplyQuote
(@anson-chappell)
Member Administrators Alberta Pilots

@clay.berndt thank you! I will be in touch as we move ahead with planning

ReplyQuote
(@anson-chappell)

@tom-torokvei okay thanks for the offer! So far the timing isn't set, it will depend on a number of factors. I will be in touch as we move ahead with planning.

ReplyQuote
(@anson-chappell)

@clay.berndt please email me at anson@canadianwingsofrescue.ca for more info. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@anson-chappell)

@tom-torokvei please email me at anson@canadianwingsofrescue.ca for more info. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

This is an epic flight, and I believe we have all the pilots needed to complete it! Thank you everyone for volunteering. Watch for an email form me re: a planning session.

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Thank you to all who have volunteered.

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Update to pilots: I will be speaking with the Basset Hound rescue this weekend to finalize details. Once that's complete I will email everyone a meeting invite so we can talk about the general plan and next steps.

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

I spoke to Tamsyn from Maritime Basset Hounds Rescue yesterday. They are waiting for the receiving family in Revelstoke to be ready to receive Zara into their home. We are planning this flight the first week of August (after the long weekend.) However, based on pilot availability, we could move on this as soon as the last week of July. Updates and emails to follow.

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

UPDATE: This flight is proceeding into the planning stage! It is going to involve at least four different pilots and we will be taking the opportunity to tie in two other rescues to the planned flights. More information to follow; pilots who have volunteered you can expect further from your Transport Coordinator soon. 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Thank you to all pilots on this coast to coast transport for Zara!    

This confirms the following flight transports and assigned flight number(s). 

Specific times/dates will continue to be confirmed/communicated in collaboration with the Transport Coordinators and pilots.

@clay.berndt C-FPDE PP021 (relocate from CYQI) CYHZ-CYOW. [UPDATED - destination]

@ greg.campbell C-GKMA PP902 CYOW-CYAV. [UPDATED pilot and departure] 

@jeff.helps C-FPRG PP904 CYAV-CYXE

@archie.jacobs C-GLHC PP905  CYXE-CEA3

@robert-campbell C-GUAH PP906 CEA3-CYRV

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@clay.berndt @ greg.campbell @jeff.helps @archie.jacobs @robert-campbell

THANK YOU ALL ! 

Each flight you make on behalf of an Animal Rescue and their team makes such a difference.  This was truly and epic and inspiring transport thank you for your piloting professionalism and your gracious hosting. 

On Zara's behalf, we can never thank you enough.

When able if you have not already done so  - please remember to complete the online post transport pilot form - here:     https://canadianwingsofrescue.ca/ptr/

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop