Canadian Wings of Rescue
Notifications
Clear all

*CANCELLED* SEEKING RELAY OPTIONS Steinbach MB - Peterborough ON : 1 domestic pet rat (spinal injury)

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Canadian Wings of Rescue
(@canadian-wings-of-rescue)
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

We have received a transport request from a registered partner animal rescue dedicated to providing a foster-based sanctuary for domestic pet rats in need.

The Rainbow Rat Refuge https://www.rainbowratrefuge.org/   has an owner surrendered pet with a spinal injury that they've agreed to take into their care.

Posting on behalf of:  The Rainbow Rat Refuge for transport from Steinbach MB to Peterborough ON for their foster care 

Type of animal: 1 domestic rat

Breed: n/a

Weight:  < 1kg (including carrier)

Sex/Status: Female

Vaccination status: N/A

Transport Carrier/Crate etc.: Carrier will be provided (small hard plastic carrier)  

Special Handling:  Do to animal's injury it is not to be removed from its carrier or handled 

Transport Coordinator Remarks: 

This has been posted as a relay in case a MB and ON pilot to collaborate to make this flight possible, but we remain open to any/all offers and this can also be a single pilot transport.

Thank you

CWoR Transport Coordinator

Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Charity Registration # 808636088 RR0001

(@greg.campbell)
Member PILOTS Ontario Pilots

I can participate in a relay, or do the entire flight when I return to Canada in mid-September.

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@greg.campbell   

Hi Greg, thanks for this! That's super and we just received an update that the location will be Winnipeg likely if possible.   FYI however that we are also just getting details on several adult dogs and litters of puppies that were displaced due to Alberta wildfires that Nova Scotia Humane Society has agreed to accept and so ideally we can combine this with that need considering this is a small pkg.   

Thanks again -   Mark 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@greg.campbell)

Great! Combining the flight is awesome, and I prefer Winnipeg so I can visit my brother.

I’m back on September 15th.

ReplyQuote
(@jeff-helps)
Member PILOTS Manitoba Pilots

I was going to volunteer for a handoff in Marathon but I see Craig is on it! Not much of a flight but I could pick the pet up in Steinbeck if need be.

ReplyQuote
(@jeff-helps)
Member PILOTS Manitoba Pilots

And I’m available for the Alberta relay if need be!

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@jeff.helps  Thank you. 

It seems the Alberta- Nova Scotia SPCA need for us did not materialize but we will continue to monitor and thanks so much for your offer.  

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@greg.campbell)

Hey Mark!

I'm back in Ottawa, and we can start planning this flight. Perhaps we can combine it with the porcupine flight (Barrie - Thunder Bay)?

The only catch: My schedule for the next few weeks is such that, unless this is flown as a relay, my only options for a two day window are:
1) September 25/26 (Monday and Tuesday).
2) October 2/3 (Monday and Tuesday).
3) Anywhere along the Thanksgiving weekend from Thursday October 5th until Tuesday October 10th.

If it turns into a relay (Marathon or Wawa), I have more flexibility with dates, since I'll be able to complete my leg in a single day.

Greg

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@greg.campbell  hi Greg and welcome home!  This is great and I will message you directly to discuss options and what might work best (including the *assigned TOF barred owl)

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Update - the Rescue handling the injured pet rat has worked with the owner to move the animal to an emergency foster and due to some complications is no longer requesting the flight to Peterborough at this time.  Therefore we will cancel this flight and will moving this transport request to the cancelled section of the forum. 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop