Canadian Wings of Rescue
Notifications
Clear all

*COMPLETED* Vancouver/Kelowna BC - Calgary AB: PP037(Dog - Lizzi)

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Canadian Wings of Rescue
(@canadian-wings-of-rescue)
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Posting on behalf of Wet Noses Rescue for transport from Vancouver or Kelowna BC to Calgary AB (to a forever home)

Passenger: Lizzi

Type of animal: Dog

Breed: Husky Mix 

Weight: approx. 20kg (40lbs)

Sex: Female - sterilized

Vaccination status: Up to date

Transport Carrier/Crate etc.:  Will be provided (option for either leash/harness or plastic carrier - dimensions to be provided)

Special Handling:  A leash/harness is suggested as ideal for transport but she like to "pull" when she gets excited

Transport Coordinator Remarks:  
We are happy to be working with this partner who has shelters in both the USA and Mexico.  Lizzi was rescued, rehabilitated and will be flying [commercial carrier] into Vancouver on Sept 26 arriving with all vaccinations and her approved transport/health records.  The rescue reps will be getting her settled with a foster in Vancouver to await our assistance.  Hopefully we can find her a flight as she cannot wait to get to her new forever home in Calgary and will be ready to go any date after Sept 26.  The foster can also drive to Kelowna or area on weekends for departure arrangements.  Reportedly she does well with a leash and harness for transporting but the crate she will arrive in can be utilized.   

Thank you
CWoR Transport Coordinator

Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Charity Registration # 808636088 RR0001

(@archie.jacobs)
Member PILOTS Alberta Pilots

Not sure how time sensitive this flight is,would be willing to do it, but unavailable until first week of October.
Regards
Archie Jacobs

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@archie.jacobs 

Hi Archie and thanks so much for this offer, that's wonderful news!  Lizzi seems to have a good foster in Vancouver, so the only urgency is likely how anxious she and her new owners in Calgary are!

Let's leave this posting active here in case anyone else is going that way sooner then that's amazing also - but if not, then I know everyone will be thrilled to know it's only a very short wait.

Thank you again; we will monitor here.

- Mark 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@archie.jacobs  The rescue has now advised that for timing, there is an option to have Lizzi go to Rossland B.C. as they have a foster there and she would be there Oct 12/13>.  From what I can see that would put her closest to Grand Forks Airport (CZGF) but I am not familiar with B.C.   But wanted to let you know and see if that timeline and location might prove to be a suitable match-up for you perhaps?   Sorry it is early yet I know, but if she was relocated to the foster there I believe the dates might be more flexible as well.  

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

Those dates are fine, I’ve been into both Grand Forks and Trail, I think Trail would be closer, either way doesn’t matter.
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@archie.jacobs   

Oh wow I see that now - looks to be 20-30 min closer, so that will be great for the foster who I am sure will know the area/airport.  Tentatively then we can plan for Trail CAD4 and target those dates

Thanks again 

-Mark 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

Sounds good to me!!
Regards

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

Also, if the drop off in Alberta could be CEA3, Olds/Didsbury airport, about 45 minutes north of Calgary, this is my home airport. This would be great for me.
Regards

ReplyQuote
Michael G .
(@michael-goldstein)
Member PILOTS British Columbia Pilots

What a cutie! I can do this trip from Vancouver to Calgary anytime after she arrives to Vancouver - weather depending. 

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@michael-goldstein @archie.jacobs.    Hi guys and THANKS to both of you!!

As Mike has had some issues logging in today, I am posting this as he has reached out directly and indicated he is available to take this transport next week as Lizzi arrives.  This would be great as it will avoid a secondary foster and ground transfer.  So huge thanks Archie but let's stand down the October plan for now as I know you will understand and Mike we will put you as our primary on this one and I can further follow-up with you for details. 

Thanks again to you both for your willingness and working together to get this transport done so efficiently!  

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@michael-goldstein oh great --- you got logged in ... super!!   

I just posted this update and sent an email Mike we can continue to plan things out via that email!

-Mark

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
(@archie.jacobs)

That sounds great!!!
Cheers

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@michael-goldstein - the transport you have agreed to do will forever change the life of this animal your helping; thank you!  

This will confirm the following flight transport and assigned flight number as [PawPrint] PP037 

Specific times/dates are subject to pilot discretion and will be confirmed/communicated accordingly with Transport Coordinator 

Transportation ID/Flight Number: PP037

Pilot Name/Aircraft: Mike / C-FMME

Passenger(s): 1 husky-mix dog - Lizzi 

Departure Location: Pitt Meadows BC (CYPK)

Arrival Location: Springbank AB (CYBW)

Thank You 

Mark 

Transport Coordinator - Canadian Wings of Rescue 

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@michael-goldstein THANK YOU Mike!    

What a super story for Lizzi to make it to her forever home in Alberta - we can never thank you enough for your generosity and the difference you have made in bettering the life of this dog and their family.

If you have not already done so - please remember to complete the online post transport pilot form.

https://canadianwingsofrescue.ca/ptr/

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop