Canadian Wings of Rescue
Notifications
Clear all

*COMPLETED* Lindsay ON - Peterborough ON return: MAY 16 - SAR Dogs: PP007/PP008/PP009

20 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@greg.campbell)
Member PILOTS Ontario Pilots

I got the opportunity to fly to Orillia this week, and winds were favouring runway 30, which is probably the usual situation. There are two major features when departing runway 30: First, there are very tall trees immediately off the departure end of the runway. Second, and more concerningly, is the significant uphill slope for at least the first half of the runway. Running the numbers, at max gross weight my DA40NG can make the takeoff under those conditions with 400-500 ft to spare, but that is far lower than my personal minimums, especially when carrying passengers. As such, I would not feel comfortable performing these flights out of Orillia when 30 was in use (which is going to be almost all days). I am quite comfortable flying out of Lindsay at max weight. In the area Peterborough or Muskoka are also good possibles I'd be happy with.

Anyways, long story short, I'm still interested in performing this flight, just not out of Orillia.

As a side note, my plane will be down for maintenance from May 1st until May 7th.

Have a great weekend all!

ReplyQuote
MJB
 MJB
(@mark.bett)
Member PILOTS Ontario Pilots

@greg.campbell Hi Greg - super reconnaissance and insights thanks for sharing this. Safety of course is paramount and would echo the same personal minimums under those conditions. My plane is also heading in for annual May 01. I will keep CWoR Transport Coordinator apprised and we will reach out to K9 Coordinator to ensure future planning (if they want 2 PAX with dog) will not include this Orillia airport but rather consider other airport options you suggest. Thanks again for this invaluable info.

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
(@canadian-wings-of-rescue)
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Note that these flights have now been re-scheduled for May 16 2023 and will be flights originating from Lindsay Ontario CNF4 to Peterborough Ontario CYPQ and return (with tentative backup dates of May 18 and May 30 if required)

Canadian Wings of Rescue

Canadian Charity Registration # 808636088 RR0001

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

Thank you @peter.bartrem, @greg.campbell, @mark.bett to help with this transport request!   This will confirm the following flight transport and assigned flight number(s). 

Specific times/dates are subject to pilot discretion and will be confirmed/communicated separately with your Transport Coordinator.

Transportation ID/Flight Number: PP007

Pilot Name/Aircraft: Mark /C-GGFS

Passenger(s): 1 SAR K9 + Handler and Flanker

Departure Location: Lindsay CNF4

Arrival Location: Peterborough CYPQ (with return to Lindsay)

Animal Rescue Contact: OSARVA K9 Coordinator Susan Read

Transportation ID/Flight Number: PP008

Pilot Name/Aircraft: Peter /C-GDSJ

Transportation ID/Flight Number: PP009

Pilot Name/Aircraft: Greg /C-GKMA

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Canadian Wings of Rescue
Member Administrators
Topic starter  

@greg.campbell @mark.bett @peter.bartrem

Thanks for the generosity of your time, skills and aircraft for the SAR K9 Teams to help these amazing teams who dedicate their time to help others, we can never thank you enough.

If you have not already done so - please remember to complete the online post transport pilot form.

https://canadianwingsofrescue.ca/ptr/

Canadian Wings of Rescue

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop